Myanmar IT Infra-Network Expansion Project for FOC Backbone Network Construction
Invitation for Bids (IFB)
February 19, 2016
Invitation No. of IFB: LDC/KEDCF/15-16(70)
Republic of the Union of Myanmar
Myanmar IT Infra-Network Expansion Project
for FOC Backbone Network Construction
L/A No.: MYA-8
This invitation for bids is a rebidding on following the 1st bids’ Invitation No. of IFB: LDC/KEDCF/15-16 (528) dated on September 19, 2015.
1. The Government of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar has receiveda Loan from the Export-Import Bank of Korea from the resources of the Economic Development Cooperation Fund (EDCF) of the Republic of Korea in the amount of 55,874,000 (Fifty Five Million and Eight Hundred Seventy Four Thousand) US Dollars toward the cost ofMyanmar IT Infra-Network Expansion Projectand intends to apply a portion of the funds of this loan to payments under the contract for Myanmar IT Infra-Network Expansion Project.
2. The Project Executing Agency now invites the sealed bids from the eligible Bidders for Detailed Design, Supply, Construction, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of Myanmar IT Infra-Network Expansion Project for FOC Backbone Network Construction on a turn-key basis which mainly consists of Transmission & Access Equipment, FOC & Civil Works, FOC & Civil Works materials & services, and Power Facilities in 37 nodes/cites of four (4) routes under the Project titled “Myanmar IT Infra-Network Expansion Project" with the implementation period of eighteen (18) months as per mentioned scope of work in the subsequent clauses in this Bidding Documents.
3. Bidding will be conducted through Competitive Bidding (CB) procedures specified in the Guidelines for Procurement under the EDCF Loans, and is open to all the eligible Bidders that shall have the nationality of the Republic of Korea identified in Section III. Eligible Countries and meet the following minimum qualification criteria.
4. In the case that the Bidder forms a Joint Venture or Association or Consortium(JVA), the number and amount of projects successfully completed by all participating firms will be examined by the sum of the member and amount calculated by each member’s participating share-holding ratio in the successfully completed past projects and be summed up for the evaluation. The scope of all the partners of JVAmust be mentioned in the JVA Agreement.
5. The qualification criteria for the eligible Bidders are as follows:
- The Bidder and its JVA members should have "Registration Certificate of Information & Telecommunication Construction" in the Republic of Korea;
- The Bidder or Main Bidder (Representative) of JVA should have a recent minimum five (5) years of implementation performance record in FOC and OSP (Civil Work)Network construction field;
- The CB (Corporate Bond) credit rating of the Bidder and its JVA members in case of JVA issued by a reputable credit rating agency located in the Republic of Korea should be equivalent to or higher than B-, or CP (Commercial Paper) or CB(Credit Bureau: Enterprise Credit Evaluation) credit rating of the Bidder and its JVA members in case of JVA should be equivalent to or higher than B-every year from 2013 to 2015continuously;
- The Bidder or Main Bidder (Representative) of JVA should have at least one (1) successfully completed overseas FOC and OSP (Civil Work)Network Implementation Project as a prime or subcontractor, or joint venture partner or consortium for the last 10 years from the issuing date of the IFB. The contract amount, however, should be five (5) million USD or higher;
- TheBidder’s and its JVA members’ in case of JVA accumulatedtotalcontract amount of successfully completed FOC and OSP (Civil Work) network implementation project for the last 10 years from the issuing date of IFB should not be less than fifty (50) million USD (domestic and overseas);
- A copy of the Bidder’s (and its members’) company registration document in the country of residence of the Bidder should be issued by Government Authority (including National Tax Service or Regional Tax Service) of the Republic of Korea.
Minimum qualification of a Bidder, if it is JVA, is that the nationality of all partners should be the Republic of Korea and comply with the requirements in accordance with ITB. 6, and the above criteria (a) & (f).
6.Interested eligible Bidders may obtain and may review the bidding documents announced by the Myanma Posts & Telecommunications (MPT).
7. A complete set of bidding documents may be purchased by any newly interested Bidders on the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of 600,000Kyats (Myanmar Currency) at 9:30 AM ~ 4:30 PM during 22nd of February ~ 26thof February, 2016. The method of payment shall be in cash. The document will be delivered directly to Bidder who purchased bidding documentswith the purchase receipt at the below address. No bidding documents will be sold by post, e-mail, and internet. In case of firms who purchased the 1st bidding documents, it will be provided them with the rebidding documents for free by presenting the 1st purchase receipt during the above purchasing period.
8. Bids must be delivered to the address in BDS ITB 20.2 (a) (No. 103, 40th Street, Auto Telephone Office, MPT, Kyauktada Township, Yangon, Myanmar) at 9:30 AM ~ 10:30 AMon 4thof April, 2016 MMT (Myanmar Time). All bids must be accompanied by a bid security (Bond) of One (1) million US Dollars. Late bids shall be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the address in BDS ITB 24.1 (No. 103, 40th Street, Auto Telephone Office, MPT, Kyauktada Township, Yangon, Myanmar) at 1:00 PM on4thof April, 2016 MMT (Myanmar Time).
9. The attention of prospective Bidders is drawn to (i) the fact that they will be required to certify in their bids that all software is either covered by a valid license or was produced by the Bidder and (ii) that violations are considered as fraud, which is, among other remedies, punishable by potential blacklisting from participation in future EDCF-financed procurements.
10. The Purchaser will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by the Bidders in connection with the preparation or delivery of Bids.
Communication & Technology Office (1stfloor),
MPT, 125 Pansodan Street, Yangon, Myanmar
Telephone No.: +951 370 456
Facsimile No.: +951 370 458